Friday 17 October 2008

Knock Knock...

*When death knocked upon a bedroom door. Who is there? The sleeping one cried. I'm Malakul Mawt, let me inside. *

*At once, the man began to shiver,* *As one sweating in deadly fever,* *He shouted to his sleeping wife,* *Don't let him take away my life.* *Please go away, O Angel of Death! Leave me alone; I'm not ready yet. * *My family on me depends,* *Give me a chance, * *O please prepense! * *The angel knocked again and again, * *Friend! I'll take your life without a pain,* *This your soul Allah requires. I come not with my own desire. * *Bewildered, the man began to cry, * *O Angel I'm so afraid to die, * *I'll give you gold and be your slave. * *Don't send me to the unlit grave. * *Let me in, O Friend! The Angel said, Open the door; get up from your bed,* *If you do not allow me in,* *I will walk through it, like a Jinn.* *The man held a gun in his right hand,* *Ready to defy the Angel's stand.* *I'll point my gun, towards your head. * *You dare come in; I'll shoot you dead.* *By now the Angel was in the room,* *Saying, O Friend! Prepare for your doom. * *Foolish man, Angels never die,* *Put down yourgun and do not sigh.* *Why are you afraid! Tell me O man. To die according to Allah's plan? * *Come smile at me, do not be grim, * *Be Happy to return to Him.* *O Angel! I bow my head in shame,* *I had no time to take Allah's Name. From morning till dusk, I made my wealth, Not even caring for my health. * *Allah's command I never obeyed, * *Nor five times a day I ever prayed. * *A Ramadan came and a Ramadan went,* *But no time had I to repent. The Hajj was already FARD on me,* *But I would not part with my money.* *All charities I did ignore,* *Taking usury more and more.* *O Angel! I appeal to you,* *Spare my life for a year or two.* *The Laws of Quran I will obey,* *I'll begin SALAT this very day. My Fast and Hajj, I will complete,* *And keep away from self-conceit.* *I will refrain from usury,* *And give all my wealth to charity,* *We Angels do what Allah demands,* *We cannot go against His commands. Death is ordained for everyone,* *Father, mother, daughter or son.* *I'm afraid this moment is your last,* *Now be reminded, of your past,* *I do understand your fears,* *But it is now too late for tears. You lived in this world, two score and more,* *Never did you, your people adore.* *Your parents, you did not obey,* *Hungry beggars, you turned away.* *Instead of making more Muslims,* *You made your children non-Muslims. You ignored the Mua'dhin Adhaan,* *Nor did you read the Holy Quran.* *Breaking promises all your life,* *Backbiting friends, and causing strife.* *From hoarded goods, great profits you made, And your poor workers, you under paid. * *Horses and cards were your leisure, * *Moneymaking was your pleasure. * *You ate vitamins and grew more fat, * *With the very sick, you never sat. * *A pint of blood you never gave. Which could a little baby save? * *O Human, you have done enough wrong,* *You bought good properties for a song. * *When the farmers appealed to you,* *You did not have mercy, this true.* * * *Paradise for you? I cannot tell. Undoubtedly you will dwell in hell.* *There is no time for you to repent,* *I'll take your soul for which I am sent.* *

The ending however, is very sad,* *Eventually the man became mad* *With a cry, he jumped out of bed. And suddenly, he fell down dead.* * * *O Reader! Take moral from here,* *You never know, your end may be near.* *Change your living and make amends* *For heaven, on your deeds depends.* * *

No comments: