Monday 2 January 2012

20th Dhul Hijjah 1432 (Wednesday 16th November 2011)

The day of our departure from Makkah to London, It was a sad day in many ways. We were leaving the sacred land to go back to the lives we have left behind. Our lives here on will never be the same again. Some of the changes I have thought about during Tawwaf, taking the time out during my stay.

I woke up at 4.30am and read Fajr at the Harem for the last time at 5.11am Akluma and I made our Tawwaf al Widaa (Farewell Tawwaf) taking just over an hour on the middle floor. It was rather emotional leaving this blessed city. We went back to the hotel to pack for the last time after we had breakfast with the Swansea crew table. Once we prayed dhuhr at the Harem we boarded Coach #3 and were ready to depart. Brother Mustafa found Aklumas backpack in the reception foyer, and Alhamdullillah located us with this bag. I did leave my own bag and my book “The Road to Mecca – by Mohammed Asad” on the coach to Jeddah airport ironically.

The journey to London, was fairly easy and comfortable (as much as it can be on a BMI chartered flight). Most people were not feeling too well and the a/c in the airbus did not help one bit. This later had the ramification of Hajjis collecting the luggage and saying salaams as quick as one could say “Hajji Tariq”!!!
Our Zamzam, the one I purchased through Al Muntada, went missing, never to be found. Alhamdulillah there was a previous flight were few zamzams were not redeemed and the lost property office at T1 provided me with one 10kg crate of zamazam.

Neha was there waiting outside on arrivals, we must have been one of a very few coming out at 1.15am! We were tired but Alhamdullillah I so wanted to see my bed to get some much needed sleep. I am so glad I did not have to go into work the next few days. My throat was painful, and the cough well, it was only bringing up flem that I must hasten to add was not the most pleasing on the eye. These symptoms persisted for another week.

My mother was so proud we did not lose any footwear! Well she was pleased for my wife for sure that she did not have to use the women’s Hamams at the Harems in Medinah and Makkah.

I write this looking back at my days. The more I write on each day journal of my journey, the more I long to be at the Harem, to the sacred land that Allah swt has made for us in this World. Subhana’Allah.
I ask Allah to forgive me for any mistakes I may have made during this Hajj journey, Ameen. May Allah accept the Hajj of Akluma and I, the Hajj of my Mother In Law and Brother in Law, the Hajj of the Hujjaj of Al Muntada and all the Hujjaj from all over earth.

No comments: