Friday 12 September 2008

Ramadan - Day 11

It was a rather weird day, not feeling like doing anything, well that was not really a choice I had given that I had made the initial decision to come to work - doh, work always gets in the way and wins again!

The body was feeling lathered and tired, the waking up for Sehri at the early hours of the morning of 4am was taking its toll on the body. However the mind was in good shape to continue with this small obstacles of fatigue, it is from these hardships we get the spiritual enlightenment.

It was a really weird episode I experienced last night waking up for Sehri, from a call on the mobile, must have had some conversation that I briefly recall and then had some dates (a packed placed delicately in arms reach of the table besides my bed) , which looking back must of been whilst semi-conscious. It was mind boggling that I also missed Fajr after consuming the dates, this should really had woken me up!

Think the body apart from the tiredness has got into a routine now, so all is go go go for another 20 or so days. Mind you don't think I am losing any weight though at all, if anything I must have piled on the pounds, which is really obscure given I only have an 8 hour window to consume 2500 kcals of which half of that will be taken in sleeping. Must be the large consumption at Iftar and before Taraweeh that is doing the damage and the lack of exercise which is pretty Null at the moment. Mind you Taraweeh is a form of exercise and the knees to take it, not that I am complaining, thought there maybe a market for garments with knee supports for Taraweeh and potential head rests on the mat - only a thought!

Thought of the day:
"Do not put off a good that you intended to do as you never know how much reward you might receive from the hardships you encounter while trying to achieve that good"

No comments: