Monday 22 September 2008

Ramadan - Day 20 & 21


The weekend fast approached, with very little plans due to the Qur'an course taking precedence over all other matter this weekend it was a no brainier.

The day was pretty hard, with only getting 2 hours or so sleep, as could not go to bed at 7:00 given that I had to get up in an hour or so at the back of my mind. Thus was rather not my self on the course, feeling the tiredness kicking in by 14:00 and with the Hafiz situated right in front of me it will be very disrespectful if I nodded off...though my head was going up and down by its own will. Thought, I needed my head to be strapped into the lecture room chair like Hannibal Lector! Ok, Ok could of found a better analogy I know...
Though once I done wudu, I was ok again and this brought new life into me.

I will be posting more information on the course and worthy of content covered as much as I can on a further post on this blogg site Insha'Allah (that is another word that was spoken about and also stated in the Qur'an, one should not say Insha'Allah unless he intends to carry out that action - it is one of these words that have been overly used in recent years so one should not over use it - Insha'Allah!).

I did get home just in time for Iftar on Sat so that was a blessing. It is so nice to be able to break fast with the family though it is also nice to break fast full stop especially with the longer days and more lengthier to come in the forthcoming years.

Sunday was better, more sleep, and more alert at the last day of the course. Hunger was firmly at bay, with porridge and honey for Sehri at 05.00 you really can not go wrong. It was sad to leave the course as learnt so much and met wonderful people on the course, and some brothers had exceptional knowledge of the Qur'an, MashaAllah. This is just the building blocks to more learning and knowledge of the Qur'an and Ahadith, Insha'Allah.

With the late finish to the day, was on my travels when Iftar was due, so rushed to Regents Park Mosque to break my fast with what would appear to be all of the Muslims in the UK, yes it was packed to the cap! (Well it was Sunday after all).

Completed Jus 14 in the early hours of Monday morning so almost half way through the Qur'an, Alhamdullilah.
The picture is that of the Badshahi Masjid, Pakistan. It would be awesome if my local was like this, however the simple form of a prayer mat wherever you maybe bring much peace and joy to me.

No comments: