Monday 29 September 2008

Ramadan - Day 26, 27 & 28

With the busy Ibadat period of the last 10 days of Ramadan being in full flow, have not had much time to write up anything on the blogg...so here it is...

These are the summary of the events taking place on the such unexplained days to date:

Fri 26th - Work was rather a boring affair, and with Laylatul Qadr being my main focus in the evening and night, it was a worthy distraction to the day. Went home at the usual time of 18:00 to get home just on time for Iftar, and just before the Adhann went to my room and read Surah Khaf as a dear sister advised me to read this on this special night before Maghrib, May Allah reward her in abundance.

20:45 - Got to Regents Park Mosque, it was heaving with cars and peeps, it was difficult to just get in, there was an abundance of Muslim Bros and Sisters and children of all ages, Masha'Allah the Ummah was out and it was a beautiful thing. With RPM, you get all kinds of people, and this variety I am most endured to. Not simply a B-deshi or Pakistani cultural stance placed on a Mosque but a cross cultural dissection that gives its own flavour to the proceedings that is the night of Laylatul Qadr.

Got into gear to embrace the main event, the Taraweeh with Qur'an completion and dua on the night. This was absolutely beautiful and really a humbling experience. Read the Qur'an (has this in my backpack with the stand, water and lockets, yes this brother was prepared) in the mini breaks between the Tahajjud prayers which on the night were 3 (got to the 12:00 and 02:30 ones which on the latter was the most difficult lasting over an hour to complete 8 rakats).

Made sincere Tawbah (repentance), gratitude for all the blessing Allah swt has provided me and to pray for all my loved ones that have come into my life and those who are not here but in my hearts of hearts.

Brothers were so generous and were handing out food (rice, curry, dates, fruits) to all those around. Some brothers sleeping, others talking, performing Salat, doing dhikr, reading the Qur'an it was a real community, felt at ease and at peace with myself and those around me, the goal and spirit was there for all to feel in your heart.

By 05.45, after the end of Fajr prayers, met the Footy guys and departed the morning feeling well versed and tranquil and well a little tired too. Conditions on the road were very foggy and really was dangerous as you could not see more than 5 meters ahead....thus the drop back of my amigos took longer than usual. Got to my casa around 07:15, to crash out for the morning.

Sat 27th - Crashed out in my bed, little spells of getting up and sleeping back, and finally getting up at 15:30...well who can blame me it was one of those nights well spent, May Allah accept my duas and salat. A very close brother of mine called me from the far east, and we spoke endlessly until it was Iftar time for me and well sleep time for thee amigo. It was a refreshing perspective of life from the other side of the Atlas. Was definitely going to take a rest from late night today well if I could help it I said.

Sun 28th - Got up for Sehri and Fajr and read more of the Qur'an, with 6 Jus to go I was really getting close to finishing it, Alhamd. but needed to work hard to get there in 3 or less days. Had Golf to contend with two and after 2 rounds of this starting at the mid-day tee off, and then hit the flicks for some comedy on empty stomachs with the much awaited "Tropic Thunder", which was good not great nevertheless worthy of watching I felt on the big screen for the V'namers in you. The evening finished with breaking fast at "The Ottomans" at North Finchley which was a steal at a credit crunch price of GBP9.99 for a 3 course meal and was it good..oh yeah!

Rushed back to the local Masjid for Taraweeh prayers which now finish within the hour, now that the Qur'an has been completed. With Monday off, it felt good to wind down now, completed Jus 28 and now with 2 to go I was ready for the 3rd completion of the Qur'an in the month, Insha'Allah.

No comments: