Wednesday 17 September 2008

Ramadan - Day 16


With the day the way it was going at work, was not thinking I would have time to get to the gym and back home in time for Iftar. But I managed just that.

I also usually attend the local Masjid for Zuhr Salat for the duration of Ramadan, which is about a 10-15 minute walk from my work. It is a good time spent, spiritual enhancing, breaking the day up and making with the remembrance of Allah swt it provides a good focus for the rest of the afternoon.

There is normally a good few of us that go together, using the Mind Align and ISOC channel as a platform for all discussions (including those not so much about Islam and the Ummah, i.e. whats was on TV, Politics alike and the random footy thrown in for good measure!).

So the afternoon went well and broke my Iftar with a date on the train just before I got to my casa train stop. I must say was really glad to get home, mum always expects us back before Iftar and so she prepared the plates and food for all of us to seat together, May Allah swt bless her.

Taraweeh was so tranquil, and felt so much more peace during that prayer more so than any other time I can remember on the previous 16 days. Tiredness was not there either and that was very surprising, Allah has His ways of getting you in the right mind and temperament if you have faith in Him.

So got to bed in good time and then after Fajr read more of the Qur'an, now completed Jus 2, 28 to go Insh'Allah.

No comments: